Re: Carleton Climate Action Week Kickoff Event
From: Karen Olson (knolsongmail.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:57:24 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for info Eleanor!

I wont' be available for this event tonight unfortunately. Hope a few transitioners can make it besides you!

Onward,
Karen

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Paul <paul [at] earthpeopleshare.com> wrote:
Hello, Everyone,

I got an email from Bob Ciernia of CCL about this, and thought I'd let Transitioners know about it, in case any of you are free and can come.  Here's the info from the Carleton calendar:

Join us Monday, February 8th to kickoff the beginning of Climate Action Week: No Impact Edition! Learn about all the events during Climate Action Week, sign-up for No Impact Challenges, listen to a performance by Just Cellin' at 4:15 pmand hear renowned keynote speaker, J Drake Hamilton of Fresh Energy, at 4:30 pm.

Sponsored by Carleton College Sustainability Office, Center for Community and Civic Engagement and Bon Appetit.

This should be interesting and possibly rather fun.  Plus, since I haven't seen many of you lately, it'd be a chance to meet up and talk for a bit.  Paul and I went to see the film "No Impact Man" at Carleton yesterday, which turned out to be really good, and highly recommended if they're showing it again.  (Paul may just possibly buy a copy, as it would be great to show it at some point.)

I hope to see a few of you there!  (Paul's too busy working to come, and Sara has to work, so it'll just be me.)  In the past, this would've been our night for Resilient Household, which seems to have fallen by the wayside.  Perhaps some of you from that group would like to meet up at this, and we could catch up with each other a bit.
BTW, Carleton's Great Hall is close to Sayles Hill student union.  If you go in the main door of Sayles and go straight ahead down the hall, turn left around the stairwel and then right, the big room on your left is the Great Hall.

See you soon, I hope!

Eleanor Haase