Naomi Klein book group
From: Angel Dobrow (adobrowhotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 12:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi--We are hosting a two-part book discussion on the Naomi Klein book This Changes Everything. Please join us on Thursday(s) 6-18 and 6-25 at the Just Food Community Room 6:30-8:30pm.

Klein's book describes (in detail :-) how the current dominate system of disaster capitalism fuels AND profits from blocking meaningful action to prevent runaway climate chaos. We are calling that first discussion 'What if she is right?' and will explore these ideas and clarify the myths perpetuated regarding the market forces that will save us (....from what? the market forces causing the crisis?). Among other things.

The second discussion will be more devoted to ACTION: who are the natural allies, what can we do personally and in our communities, can we see a place to play a role on a regional/national level. Last Saturday in St Paul Bill McKibben of 350.org called Minnesota "Ground Zero" for the climate fight because of the impending pipeline routes. We will bring information on upcoming events folks can join if interested.

But come to the book discussion anyways! We are sure there are area folks concerned and worried and even immobilized. Come be with others wanting to be engaged.

Sincerely--Angel and Karen

Need a little more info? Call Angel at 507-301-3544