Invitation to planting opportunities May 9-12
From: Shodo Spring (shodo.springgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:50:22 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Friends,

If you are interested in spending some time outdoors, learning something about planting an orchard, and supporting Vairochana Farm, read below.

May 9 and 10 we will be building a deer fence around the berry area.
May 11 and 12 we will be planting the orchard and berries, plus a native plant buffer - under the supervision of experienced permaculture designers Paula Westmoreland and Lindsay Rehban.

  • Wear appropriate clothes, bring sunscreen and a hat, work gloves if you have them... and we'll provide what's needed.
  • Lunch is provided, rumors are that people love our nettle soup. (It's okay to bring a potluck contribution or special-diet food.) If you want to stay overnight let us know and we'll make arrangements.
  • Carpooling is strongly encouraged and we can organize it from here, or you can just tell us who's coming in your car.
  • If you want to forage or take a walk after the work day, we'll be happy to advise.
About 10 miles from Northfield, beautiful place, wildflowers are out, walk to the Cannon River bluffs.

We'll send directions.

(If you can't come then, ask to be on the volunteer list for another time - there are plenty.)

Happy spring!

Shodo

--
Shodo Spring
507-384-8541

You are cordially invited to schedule a visit to the farm.