|Invitation to planting opportunities May 9-12||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Shodo Spring (shodo.springgmail.com)|
|Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:50:22 -0700 (PDT)|
About 10 miles from Northfield, beautiful place, wildflowers are out, walk to the Cannon River bluffs.
May 11 and 12 we will be planting the orchard and berries, plus a native plant buffer - under the supervision of experienced permaculture designers Paula Westmoreland and Lindsay Rehban.
May 9 and 10 we will be building a deer fence around the berry area.
Dear Friends,If you are interested in spending some time outdoors, learning something about planting an orchard, and supporting Vairochana Farm, read below.
- Wear appropriate clothes, bring sunscreen and a hat, work gloves if you have them... and we'll provide what's needed.
- Lunch is provided, rumors are that people love our nettle soup. (It's okay to bring a potluck contribution or special-diet food.) If you want to stay overnight let us know and we'll make arrangements.
- Carpooling is strongly encouraged and we can organize it from here, or you can just tell us who's coming in your car.
- If you want to forage or take a walk after the work day, we'll be happy to advise.
We'll send directions.
(If you can't come then, ask to be on the volunteer list for another time - there are plenty.)
2015-04-28 east field tilled.jpg
Description: JPEG image
- (no other messages in thread)
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.