Earth Hour
From: Karen Olson (knolsongmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

JOIN US FOR EARTH HOUR–TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS ON SAT 3-29 AT 8:30 PM

The World Wildlife Fund and many other international organizations are calling for one hour without lights…Saturday March 29, at 8:30pm… no matter where you are on the planet, join with millions around the world and turn off the electricity for one hour.

From the official website: “Earth Hour is a global movement uniting people to protect the planet. By asking individuals, cities, landmarks and business to turn their non-essential lights off for one hour and commit to reducing their environmental impact, we are showing everyone that the world’s environmental issues don’t have to overwhelm us. Small things we do every day can make a better future. Join the movement and make your commitment to a better planet.”

Here in Northfield, we call on our town to participate by turning off! Community folks will be urging their congregations, their neighbors, and their families to join in this small, but hopefully important, symbol of unity as we continue the ongoing process of using, and therefore needing, less energy.

Every ACTION COUNTS. Doing things together increases our power to make a difference.

For more info:  http://worldwildlife.org/pages/earth-hour

Your Neighbors in Transition Northfield

  • (no other messages in thread)