Bidder 70: movie on April 13th
From: Angel Dobrow (adobrowhotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:58:29 -0700 (PDT)

Please help us publicize this event: FaceBook, e-mail lists. A poster is
attached.

What does it
take to halt drilling for oil and gas on pristine PUBLICLY owned land? Tim
De Christopher. This courageous young man was protesting the auction of
leases on public lands, then entered the
auction and won the bids for 22 tracts. With no intention of paying (and no
intention of drilling!), Tim was sentenced to two years in a federal prison.

Bidder 70 is his story; it is also the story
of the movement called Peaceful Uprising that grew to support him and bring to
national attention our extremely vulnerable relationship to the future if we
continue to burn oil and gas with no regard for the consequences.

Bidder 70 is
an engaging film; Tim was surrounded by a creative and loving community. His
mom, fellow activists, church members, and high-profile lawyers all speak
eloquently to Tim’s courageousness and his unwavering commitment to fighting
climate change right now. Not
tomorrow, and certainly not when we get around to it.

Our future
depends on a multitude of actions to oppose the too-powerful oil and gas
interests in this country; our future also depends on being inspired by civil
disobedience as one of our tools.

Please join
us for a free evening showing of the award-winning film Bidder 70. Saturday,
April 13, 7pm.

Unitarian
Fellowship/Masonic Lodge, corner of Linden and W 2nd St.

Co-sponsored
by Unitarian Fellowship, Transition Northfield, and St Olaf SustainAbilities.

  • (no other messages in thread)