Reminder: Resiliency Book Club is meeting on December 10, 6:30 library mtg room
From: Mera Colling (meracollinggmail.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 09:16:24 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that the Resiliency Book Club (started by two members of
Transition Northfield) will be meeting at the Northfield Public Library meeting
room on Monday, December 10 at 6:30 pm. We need to leave by 8:00 sharp, so we
will wrap things up at 7:50. Some of you are getting this message for the first
time because I realized you may be interested in the readings.

The reading for this meeting is two short-ish articles: The Agenda Restated, by
Kunstler, and the Thinking In Systems bookâs introduction. You donât need to
purchase or borrow either one â they are both available online. If you need a
copy, let me know and I will send them to you. The plan is to have as many
things available through the library or by borrowing from each other as we can.
If you want or need to purchase a book, donât forget about your local fabulous
bookstore, Monkey See Monkey Read. Jerry will be more than happy to order books
for you if they are not in stock.

We will alternate (as best we can!) between nonfiction and fiction each month,
and throw in a movie to watch together from time to time as well.  Next monthâs
book is called Life As We Knew It, by Pfeffer. It is a teen novel, so not only
a quick read but hard to set down! Start it on a weekend or over the holidays.
Just to warn you, itâs on the dark-ish side, but Iâm enjoying re-reading it! My
daughter keeps asking me what part Iâm up to now, because she was the one who
introduced the book to me (and she was 10 at the time â yikes.)

Hope to see you this coming Monday, and let me know if you have any questions!
We will bring cider and cookies, so if you can bring a cup that would be good.
âMera.