Fub Hub in Norhtfield discussion--apologies in advance if you have received this notification more than once. Angel Doborw
From: Angel Dobrow (adobrowhotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:43:16 -0800 (PST)

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 19:30:49 -0600
From: kscheuer [at] carleton.edu
To: lindabhalley [at] gmail.com; guthriel [at] carleton.edu; mattm.justfood
[at] gmail.com; dayna.burtness [at] gmail.com; outreach [at] justfood.coop;
monica.caldwell [at] gmail.com; becca.e.carlson [at] gmail.com; farmers [at]
bigwoodsfarmcsa.com; joegb [at] northfieldwifi.com; ashleykeul [at] gmail.com;
kzeman [at] kmwb.net; adobrow [at] hotmail.com; brantm [at] carleton.edu;
halbachc [at] carleton.edu; openhandsfarm [at] gmail.com; rosecherneff [at]
gmail.com; silverc [at] carleton.edu; daudons [at] carleton.edu; beckylw [at]
me.com; marcea5 [at] northfieldwifi.com; meframe [at] me.com; mlarson [at]
carleton.edu
Subject: Food Hub/ Sustainability speaker series Chef Barton Seaver

Greetings 5th Season Co-op tourers, I hope you enjoyed the tour in Viroqua last
week and that your wheels have been spinning with ideas and possibilities as
much as mine have been.  Erin will compiling information from the event and
getting it out to the group very soon.  In the meantime, are you interested and
free to meet in the Weitz Center on Monday, November 19th at 7pm to discuss the
possibility of creating a food hub in Northfield?  My impetus for meeting soon
is twofold.  The students working on this project will be leaving for 6 weeks,
and I thought it would be wise to capitalize on their willingness to research
this project for our community by giving them a clearer directive.   My second
reason for wanting to meet in November is to capture and harness the great
energy that began on the tour while it is still fresh in everyone's minds.
Please let me know if this date and time works for you to meet and if you plan
on attending this meeting. (If you would prefer to not get emails about this
project from me, let me know that as well.)
On a completely different note, I wanted to extend an invitation to all of you
to attend a talk on campus tomorrow night.  The Center for Community and Civic
Engagement at Carleton is hosting Barton Seaver who is "Chef, author, speaker
and 2010 National Geographic Fellow.  Barton Seaver is on a mission to restore
our relationship with the ocean, the land, and with each other—through dinner.
He believes food is a crucial way for us to connect with the ecosystems,
people, and cultures of our world."  This event is open to the public, so
please come and enjoy hearing from this exciting speaker.  See attached flyer
for more details on Barton Seaver and feel free to pass this on to anyone who
might be interested.
Title:  Bristol Bay: A World of Challenges and OpportunitiesWhen: Thursday,
November 8th Time: 7-8pmWhere: Gould Library, Carleton College (see attached
map.)Who should attend: Anyone who eats
I hope to see tomorrow night and/or on the 19th.
Warm regards,Kelly

Assistant Director, ACT
Center for Community and Civic Engagement
kscheuer [at] carleton.edu
507-222-7019
http://apps.carleton.edu/campus/act/