Local food community meal next week. Please look promptly!
From: Angel Dobrow (adobrowhotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:25:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello local food supporters:

Next week several folks from Northfield Local Food Action
will be cooking and serving for the Community Action Center’s Thursday Table
dinner (3-8-12). It is one of many ways we hope to participate in the Eat Local
Challenge activities. We want to include everyone in this event! (Especially
those that received 2,3,4 of these e-mails.)

We have been busy gathering local food products for the
chili dinner with cornbread planned. The menu was decided with the staff from
the Thursday’s Table, to include as much local food available as we could
garner. We have been able to procure many of the ingredients from our area
farmers, some of it donated and some of it to be paid for with several generous
donors.

We still need several things:

Volunteers
for the event itself between the hours of 2:30 pm and 8 pm (1 to 1 ½ hour
slots);

Canned tomatoes
in 2 quart increments (if everyone gives a little no one runs short!);

(Frozen tomatoes OK
too.)

Dried kidney or
black beans in 1-2# increments;

Frozen fruit
for cobbler, apples or berries.

Please go right now
to your shelves and freezers, and then let me know what you can offer up. I
will be able to pick up food over the weekend, or it can be brought to my house
no later than Tuesday night.(1301 Washington Street, Nfld. 612-216-1206.)

Local food for our
local eaters. Thanks!

Angel Dobrow and Kelly
Scheuerman and Kathy Zeman