Upcoming Community Meeting- Feb 4th- Economy
From: Mary Jo Cristofaro (mjcristofarogmail.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:38:47 -0800 (PST)
Good morning!

We are hoping that you will be able to come to this upcoming meeting and
that you would be willing to share this note/flyer with many of your
contacts! Apologies  if you have received this twice* *as we try to get the
word out.

Thanks for your support and hope to see you there!

Mary Jo Cristofaro

*
*

*Help us spread the word!*

*The Transition movement* is a grassroots network of communities that are
working to build resilience in response to peak oil, climate change, and
economic instability. www.transitionus.org  Northfield became a Transition
Town in November of 2009. Our mission:  In the spirit of collaboration we
will use Transition tools and our community’s diverse wisdom to create an
energy descent plan and move us from our current non-renewable ways of
meeting our basic needs to a sustainable, localized culture. Please join
us.  To find out more about

Transition Northfield  visit:  www.transitionnorthfield.org

Transition Northfield is hosting a series of community meetings to build a
Community Resilience Transition Plan with Northfield. We would love your
organization to have a voice at these meetings.

You can help spread the word with the enclosed  flier.  Our  February 4th
meeting is discussing  “The Economy.” We would like to reach as many people
in Northfield as we can, to create a community dialogue where
everyone feels welcomed and  their voice is heard.   Here is a list of our
upcoming community meetings.

*Feb 4th The Economy*

*Feb 23rd- A Community Potluck with our Elders at Millstream Commons *

*                 815 Forest Ave. Northfield- 5:30-8pm*

*March 3- Northfield Youth*

*April 7- Water*

*Late  April Earth Day Event TBA.*

Join us *Saturday February 4th for a discussion on the economy from 9-11am *at
the UCC church located at 3rd and Union in Northfield.   We will explore
what other transition communities are doing to create their own local
economies, and brainstorm what we can do in Northfield to expand on how we
can meet our needs locally.  We will talk about how our local economy
relates to reduce, repair, recycle and re-imagine as well as local
infrastructure, local investments and equal opportunities for all to
receive and contribute goods/services for each other as a community.
  Attendees will have opportunities to share their thoughts and ideas on
how we can take back our economy and meet our needs locally on both a
personal and community scale.

We will take stock in the great work that has already been done by all
those who shop at local merchants and support our local economy and will
explore new ways of thinking that can benefit *all* of us.  To do this we
will break into smaller groups,  brainstorm and create workable action
steps that businesses,  future business , consumers and the community  can
put into action.   We want to coordinate efforts and resources to ensure
that Northfield continues to be a vibrant, healthy and welcoming community.

Please join us!

Sincerely,

[image: https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

Mary Jo Cristofaro and Mika Turner