Re: Community action ideas
From: Robert Bruce (rkbrucestolaf.edu)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 07:13:07 -0800 (PST)
Paul,
 while I do not disagree with your hope of having folk step in to provide
services where possible - there is a great adopt-a-park opportunity for
example - I do need (as a recently past member of the Library Board) to say
that re-starting Booker is high on the agenda, and really can not be done
only with volunteers.  The driver has to meet specific requirements in
order to drive, and the service offered needs some specific training, and,
hopefully, Spanish facility.  Library volunteers continue to be needed, and
can fill out a form at the circ desk, but money is also needed, in this
case for gas, repairs, etc.  Grants are being looked for to get it back on
the road ASAP.   Keep on thinking!        Peace,          Bob