Fwd: heirloom seed company needs our help
From: Shodo Spring (shodo.springgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 07:26:32 -0800 (PST)
Dear Friends,
This is an invitation to protect one of our resources for heirloom seeds,
Landreth Seed Company, the oldest U.S. seed company.
They are asking people to buy catalogs, buy seeds, and make donations.
Please do what you can, and spread the word.

Thanks.
Shodo

To all my fellow gardeners, farmers, vegetarians, and general lovers of
great sources for natural/organic/heirloom veggies that are free from
GMO's, here is an important announcement about a major historical player in
the seed world!

OK gardener's and lovers of heirloom fruits, vegetables and
flowers....PLEASE spread the word! D. Landreth Seed Company will close
after over 225 years in existence in the U.S. as the oldest seed company
around if it cannot pay off its debt by the end of October. The owner took
over the company, not realizing how much work needed to be done to bring it
up to speed. No matter how inexperienced she may be a business person, she
is an avid gardener. We can help her get to where she needs to be by buying
a catalog and even a few seed packs if there are still any available for
this season. Landreth houses over 900 non-GMO seeds, including vegetables,
trees, flowers, and bulbs. This closing could greatly impact sustainable,
heirloom and organic farming. Please buy a catalog and some seeds. Give
them as gifts if you yourself cannot grow them, but you will eventually eat
veggies originating from this seed house.

Many thanks for spreading the word! Here is a link from which you can order
a catalog for 2012.

http://www.landrethseeds.com/

Creating a thriving permanent culture in the Bloomington area.

To unsubscribe from this list please visit
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/bloomington_permaculture_guild, where you
can log-in to this list with your subscription email and unsubscribe.

--
Shodo Spring
507-384-8541