Dec. 3: Start a Community Resilience Transition Plan
From: Paul Sebby (psebbywell.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:34:26 -0800 (PST)
Dear Transition Northfield Interest Group:

Transition Northfield has decided to host a series of public meetings to
prepare a Community Resilience Transition Plan - an outline of local, workable,
concrete action steps that we can take as a community and as individuals in
response to our pressing issues related to energy, the environment, and
economics.

At these community meetings, we'll start with some plans that have already been
created, such as the Northfield Energy Task Force Master Report, the Bay
Localize Community Resilience Toolkit, and GreenStep Cities, and together, as a
community, determine the action steps that make sense for the Northfield area
today.

At our first meeting, December 3rd from 9 - 11 am at the UCC church (Third and
Union Streets) in Northfield, we will focus on the topic of Local Energy:
Conservation and Production.  Later meetings will focus on local food,
economics, youth, water, and more.

There is a lot that we can do together... will you join us for this important
work?  I hope to see you on December 3rd or at a future meeting!  (See our web
site, transitionnorthfield.org, for more details as they develop.)

    The Transition Northfield Initiating Group
  • (no other messages in thread)