Soup supper this Friday 2-5-10--Karen's house 6 pm
From: Angel Dobrow (adobrowhotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:49:05 -0800 (PST)
Dear all:

Our discussion topic this month is local economy. We had asked a local banker
to share soup and ideas, but it seems that'll have to wait until further notice
(and once he has finished Bill McKibben's Deep Economy!)

However, Joe Gransee-Bowman, sometimes soup supper-er and local activist on
food policy issues, has met with government representatives and others to start
the ball rolling on introducing legislation around Local Bond Initiatives, an
idea we first heard of from Bruce Anderson last fall. Joe has graciously agreed
to come update us on this work.

In a similar vein, I have attached a piece from EF Schumacher, author of Small
Is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered. While in Houston this past week
I read a different synopsis of Schumacher's work as was simply awed.

Send RSVP's asap--so's Karen and I have enough soup and chocolate!

Peace--Angel

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/

  • (no other messages in thread)