consensus process--in plain text
From: C S (nugs37yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:32:41 -0700 (PDT)
Consensus Process Meeting

June 2009
Transition Northfield

Objectives:
1. Defining consensus
2. Set a goal to move quickly as a group (more long-term goal)
3. How honor the passion and differences (silence)
4. Solution-mind set culture that operatives for good of the all
5. Why use consensus?
6. How include those not present (new to group and current members not
present)
7. What is incorporated into consensus document

Some Guiding Questions:
1. What does group consensus mean to you?
2. What did it feel like when the group reached consensus?
3. What difference did it make? What shifted?
4. What actions resulted from the group's consensus?

WHAT DOES CONSENSUS MEAN TO US?

We seek a process that creates harmony.
1. Hearts at peace
2. Everyone has been heard
3. Nobody leaves angry
4. Members of group feel "in sync"
5. Listening

We seek and welcome diverse perspectives.
1. Honoring opinions
2. Open-mindedness
3. Openness / connection
4. Decisions include all ideas (present)
5. Listening
6. Honors people
7. Encourage differing views
8. Participate fully
9. Inclusive

We create a supportive web of connection and cooperation
1. Common searching
2. Equality (cooperation)
3. Spirit of cooperation
4. Best interest of the whole
5. Compromise
6. Compromise-all support decision
7. Win-win model

We become empowered to commit to the group decision
1. All consent to decision
2. Built energy
3. Everybody on board
4. Balanced decision for all
5. Personal connection with result(s)
6. Power laid sideways
7. Personal responsibility to uphold our agreements
8. [left blank intentionally]

We value the process and the product equally
1. Honoring group culture / agreements
2. Discussion builds strong foundation
3. Time / opportunity to consider all ideas
4. Open-mindedness
5. Compromise
6. Group brainstorming
7. Kindness (be kind to one another)

Our decisions emerge from our collective wisdom and energize our work
1. Collective wisdom utilized
2. People can act alone, but know the group supports them
3. Build energy
4. Cohesion moving forward
5. New creation out of chaos: creates something new out of similar as well
as divergent views
6. Move forward
7. A new creation emerges from and energizes our work [please review
original-can't read writing]
8. Focus our energy on constructive solutions that support our purpose

We agree to be solution centered
1. (in the) Direction of our purpose
2. Energy focused on goals
3. Constructive solution centered (positive)
4. Solution oriented

  • (no other messages in thread)