comp plan meeting go green!
From: Olivia Frey (oliviafrey209hotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:38:22 -0700 (PDT)
Dear what I'm calling our Northfield Green Coalition:

I'm forwarding the principles of development that have been drafted, which Suzie N. sent to me, for the revised Northfield Comprehensive Plan. I'm pretty pleased. See what you think.

I urge all of us to attend the next community meeting re the Comp Plan which is tomorrow night, 7-9 p.m. at the Armory. (Tuesday night, 5/15)

Once these principles are implemented in the Comp Plan, trhe hard work only begins. Can our coalition meet to talk about a plan of action and a system/process that we could put in place to monitor adhering to these principles as city council passes or changes ordinances, etc.

For example, the new rental ordinance that is being discussed would result in LESS density than the current rental ordinance. The new ordinance proposed limits the number of rental units in each block to 20%--which is a small percentage in residential areas.

I also urge everyone to sign up for the Center For Sustainable Living discussion list. Ask me for details about this. I'll explain how--or just go to the CSL website. Urge other like-minded green people to sign up.

Hope to see you tomorrow night.

Olivia